This is from Wikipedia and Home of the Hero’s.
Bryant Homer Womack 

Private First Class Bryant Womack

Bryant Homer Womack[1] (May 12, 1931–March 12, 1952) was a soldier in the United States Army during the Korean War. Heposthumously received the Medal of Honor for his actions on March 12, 1952. Womack Army Medical CenterFort Bragg, North Carolina, is named for him.

Womack was born and raised in Mill Spring, Polk County, North Carolina. He was the son of George and Julie Womack and had three brothers and one sister. He grew up working as a farm laborer and picked peaches during the summer. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, and riding bicycles.[2]
Womack was drafted into the U.S. Army[2] and sent to Korea as a private first class with the Medical Company of the 14th Infantry Regiment25th Infantry Division.[1] During a firefight on March 12, 1952, near Sokso-ri, his unit began taking heavy casualties. Womack exposed himself to enemy fire in order to treat wounded soldiers. When he was himself wounded, he refused medical treatment and continued to give aid to others. He was the last soldier to withdraw from the engagement and died of his injuries soon after. He was officially issued the Medal of Honor the next year, on January 12, 1953.[1]
Aged 20 at his death, Womack was buried at Lebanon Methodist Church in his hometown of Mill Spring.[2

Medal of Honor citation

moh_army.gif (14215 bytes)
The President of the United States
in the name of The Congress
takes pleasure in presenting the
Medal of Honor


Pfc. Womack distinguished himself by conspicuous gallantry above and beyond the call of duty in action against the enemy. Pfc. Womack was the only medical aid man attached to a night combat patrol when sudden contact with a numerically superior enemy produced numerous casualties. Pfc. Womack went immediately to their aid, although this necessitated exposing himself to a devastating hail of enemy fire, during which he was seriously wounded. Refusing medical aid for himself, he continued moving among his comrades to administer aid. While he was aiding 1 man, he was again struck by enemy mortar fire, this time suffering the loss of his right arm. Although he knew the consequences should immediate aid not be administered, he still refused aid and insisted that all efforts be made for the benefit of others that were wounded. Although unable to perform the task himself, he remained on the scene and directed others in first aid techniques. The last man to withdraw, he walked until he collapsed from loss of blood, and died a few minutes later while being carried by his comrades. The extraordinary heroism, outstanding courage, and unswerving devotion to his duties displayed by Pfc. Womack reflect the utmost distinction upon himself and uphold the esteemed traditions of the U.S. Army.[1]